Monday, December 3, 2007

Messy Business

So Ned had another visit to the doctors today regarding his problem with pooping and he has this condition called Encopresis. It is all psychological and from the time that we get him to go to the toilet normally without screaming, having hysterics and refusing, it will take about 6 months for everything to go back to normal, so it is a lengthy process. He had to go for an x-ray and tonight I had the not so joyful task of giving him an enema, which I want to say was more painful for me but I highly doubt it.

I purchased a copy of The Incredibles, his new favorite movie, put it on in the portable DVD player, took him into the bathroom and did the job. It was horrible. He cried a little but carried on watching the movie until the full sensation took over and then it was on the toilet to get rid of about a weeks worth of.....well, crap basically! The poor guy cried but after it was finished, I think he was just so relieved and it must have been hurting him so much, so he probably felt much better.

I know I shouldn't be complaining because he is the one suffering, but it has been hard going and very frustrating the past week. His father has been of no help and tonight would not come over tonight because it was a week night and I now lived too far away! I live 30 frickin minutes away and this is your son we are talking about! Anyway, I am hoping we can get back on track now, and if it means putting The Incredibles on every time he needs to sit on the toilet, the that is what I will do!

No comments: